Thursday, April 29, 2010

Week 14 Question 3


The concept that interests me in chapter 12 is charismatic power. It was defined in the text book as “Charismatic or personal power resides in particular personalities to which others are attracted. It is elusive in that it is difficult to define, but we recognize it when we see it or feel it” (p. 241). I think this power gives people the extra edge. Whenever I go to a speaker’s event or presentation, I usually would remember the speaker the most and if he or she is a funny and personable person, it image would be with me for a long period of time. I remember I saw a video once with a psychologist talking about brain. The subject sounds boring but he is most interesting speaker I have never seen. I ended up learning a lot of useful information about brain and it is because this charismatic psychologist made the speech so much more interesting.

No comments:

Post a Comment