Thursday, April 29, 2010

Week 14 Question 2


Normally I would force myself into the collaborative conflict resolution when it comes to conflict with family and closes friends. When I have conflict with my father, I would want him to understand my point of view and he usually very understanding therefore, it is worth the time and energy to communicate with him. I am very lucky that I can talk to my father and whenever we have conflict, we would identify the problems we are having and speak what we have in mind and come up with a solution that we both can agree on. When it comes to competitive conflict solution, I usually end up with destructive conflict rather than constructive. Whenever, I argue with my sister, I automatically shifted and become a difficult person and trying to “win” the argument because I am older. Needless to say, it is not the best solution for my sister and I. My sister is not appreciating this method of conflict resolution and I can see it is hurting our relationship. I think collaborative conflict resolution is more satisfying because at the end of the day we can solve our problem and not hurting our relationship.

1 comment:

  1. Sogo,

    I enjoyed reading your posts. I believe depending on the person, situation or kind of conflict, we tend to shift our conflict resolution method. In my post, I discussed how I used collaborative conflict resolution with my roommate. The reason I use this strategy is that I would want to come to my apartment to have a peaceful time and it was worth our time, but if I get into the same kind of conflict with a different person, I might not want to spend my energy and time to solve the issue using collaborative resolution strategy, rather I would deal with the conflict using the others conflict resolution methods like competitive conflict.

    ReplyDelete